- East Melbourne, VIC, Australia
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Madman Entertainment is a leading independent film and television distribution and rights management company, with offices in Australia, New Zealand and Berlin. Madman has over 60 employees across sales, marketing, publicity, creative studio, digital aggregation and agency distribution. Madman is renowned for its commitment to Australian and New Zealand films, international features and documentaries. Ultimately - we love remarkable content, and are committed to connecting it with audiences.
We are looking for a Publicity Executive within our film department, which oversees distribution of film content via cinemas, digital home platforms and in-house streaming platforms.. We are seeking a talented communications professional with a minimum of 2-3 years experience in marketing/communications in entertainment, media or related industries. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager and working within the marketing team, you will be responsible for implementing communications strategies that raise awareness of Madman’s cinema releases to relevant audiences.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Planning and executing targeted publicity campaigns for cinema releases
- Securing local and national promotional partnerships for cinema releases
- Planning and implementing preview screening programs
- Planning and implementing tours and special events for key cinema releases
- Maintaining relationships with key film and entertainment media
- Maintaining databases for communications contacts
- Briefing and distribution of publicity materials
- Regular analysis and reporting on publicity and promotional activity
- Regular contribution to planning and analysis relating to theatrical titles
- Contribution to communication strategies for Madman brand
- General administration relating to publicity and marketing activity including raising purchase orders, contributing to budget management and coding of invoices.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2-3 years of marketing/communications experience
- For candidates with more extensive entertainment publicity experience, we are open to some flexibility with the level and title of the role.
- Experience pitching content to journalists and forging ongoing relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on events
- Tertiary qualification in marketing/communications
- Has experience in or exposure to film/entertainment/media industries
- Is a problem solver and able to work independently to manage projects
- Is comfortable with working events outside office hours
- Is personable and enjoys a team environment
- Remains calm under high pressure situations
Benefits and Perks
- Hybrid workplace: We are flexible, balancing working days from home with team days in the office.
- Free movie tickets! We regularly provide tickets to our own films, as well as opportunities to attend other film events in the industry.
- Early Fridays - We start the weekend at 4:30pm on Fridays
- Free subscriptions to our streaming services - All staff can receive free subscriptions to DocPlay and Garage
- Green workplace - We work in a five star rated building with views across the city and right across the road from public gardens
Please submit your CV along with a single page cover letter detailing why you think you're a great fit for the role and the Madman team. Please submit your application by 28 January.