- East Melbourne, VIC, Australia
- Part Time
- Mid Level
Madman is a leading independent film and television distribution and rights management company, with offices in Australia, New Zealand and Berlin. Home to more than 100 employees across all divisions, including theatrical sales, marketing, publicity, digital aggregation and agency distribution. Madman is renowned for its commitment to quality Australian films, international features and documentary content.
This is a part time position (3 days/week)
We are looking for a talented Digital Designer with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in design and development of digital marketing collateral for the entertainment, media or related industries. Reporting to the Senior Interactive Designer and working within the Web/IT team, you will be responsible for the design and development of assets for marketing strategies that raise awareness of Madman’s releases to relevant audiences. High level experience using email marketing platforms (e.g. MailChimp and Campaign Monitor) would be advantageous as you will be managing email databases and designing and developing email marketing templates for regular email as well as user journey flow.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and development of digital marketing collateral (i.e., rich media banner ads, social media assets) for brand and title campaigns across all Madman content channels including cinema, home entertainment, and subscription streaming services (DocPlay & Garage).
- EDM development and template design within email marketing platforms.
- Website design, primarily working within templates for platforms such as WordPress.
- Basic video editing - creation of short form digital video assets for key marketing campaigns.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-3 years of digital design experience
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with email marketing platforms MailChimp and Campaign Monitor
- Experience in the design/development of rich media banners
- Experience creating marketing assets for social media platforms
- Understanding of CMS systems like WordPress
- Experience using wireframing/prototyping tools like Figma or Sketch
- Experience in web development languages like HTML, CSS (SASS), PHP, jQuery, etc...
- Experience and a passion for film/arts/media industries
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with web and marketing teams
- Tertiary qualification in Graphic Design or Multimedia Marketing
- Is a problem solver and able to adapt quickly and independently to manage projects
- Is flexible, responsive and detail oriented
- Is personable and enjoys a team environment
- Remains calm under high pressure situations
Benefits and Perks
- Hybrid workplace: We are flexible, balancing working days from home with team days in the office.
- Free movie tickets! We regularly provide tickets to our own films, as well as opportunities to attend other film events in the industry.
- Early Fridays - We start the weekend at 4:30pm on Fridays
- Free subscriptions to our streaming services - All staff have receive free subscriptions to AnimeLab, DocPlay and Garage.
- Green workplace - We work in a five star rated building with views across the city and right across the road from public gardens.
Applications will close on 21 January 2022, however interviews will commence as suitable applications come in, and as such the role may be filled prior to this date.
Please submit your CV along with a cover letter detailing why you think you're a good fit for the role.